LET'S TALK FINTECH
Unearthing the keys to innovation
EP. 05 | THE INNOVATION COOKBOOK
We interview Benjamin Maxim, the Assistant Vice President of Digital Strategy and Innovation at MSU Federal Credit Union who started his career in innovation at the ground level - as a developer. Our conversation spans how experimentation works in a large organization, various approaches Ben’s enacted through his role, and what’s next in fintech.
TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION PODCAST
- This week we’re switching gears to explore Fintech, so we spoke with Ben Maxim, the AVP of Digital Strategy and Innovation at MSU Federal Credit Union.
- Ben Maxim admits that started his career in innovation at the ground level - as a developer.
- His hands on approach helped MSUFCU be early to the game in adopting its services to then emerging mobile technologies.
- Ben is involved in organization's many innovation efforts - from facilitating pilot programs to his involvement in their innovation center, “The Lab.”
- Andrew asks how Innovation in Fintech works, what role experimentation plays, and what’s coming next for Fintech.
- Entering his industry as a technologist gave Ben the foresight in some of his earliest decisions (as well as buy-in from his superiors) to explore rising technology - and it paid off.
“Every company is becoming a tech company, they’re becoming a digital company, but the digital piece is just where it’s seen, there’s a lot more behind it and you have to figure out how to translate your business model to work in mobile. ”