IT STAFF AUGMENTATION
SOFTWARE DESIGNERS AND DEVELOPERS, ON-DEMAND.
3 MODELS TO EXPLORE WORKING WITH AN EXTERNAL DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Ideal for when you need help meeting a tight deadline, when you need expertise in a certain area, or when you you need more firepower to pursue your product roadmap.
Ideal for when you have some, but not all of the pieces of a highly productive software development team.
Ideal for when you have a product roadmap, but need help implementing features or for when you need to improve software development process and productivity.
TYPES OF TEAMS
- Peak Resources. We are able to jump in quickly and help you meet a tight deadline.
- One-off projects. Our highly qualified software developers, designers, and QA work under your product management for the duration of the project.
- Speed. Availability within a few days after the discovery call.
- Direct control over your hand-picked team.
Recruiting, office management, legal, and accounting tasks are managed by us.
- Retention of the talent is on us: team buildings, events, surveys, trainings, burnout management.
- Swap resources as you need.
- Scale your team up or down as you need within a few weeks.
YOUR TEAM COACHED BY US
- Get help setting up a team augmentation and project outsourcing strategy.
- Agile expertise and process management.
- Technical architecture and product roadmap discovery.
Outsourcing refers to the process of engaging an external development team to deliver a project. An agency reviews the requirements, assembles a team, manages the team, and delivers the work product.
Team Augmentation refers to the process of integrating external developers into your existing development team, which is often in-house. Team augmentation can be short or long-term. You retain full managerial control over a project and its team members. The staff augmentation agency sources candidates according to the skillset you need, then manages the HR processes of those team members. They also provide workspace and equipment, typical employee perks and benefits, and a social environment.
- Backend: Node.js, Python,Ruby on Rails, .NET, PHP
- Mobile: React Native, iOS, Android
- CMS: Drupal, Prismic, Wordpress, SharePoint, Shopify, Hubspot, WebFlow
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Netlify, Vercel & Fastly
- Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Postgres, MySQL, MS SQL, Redshift
- AI: IBM Watson, TensorFlow, Clarifai, Microsoft ML Platforms, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa
We also work with several specialist agencies. If you require technical knowledge in a field we don't specialize in, chances are we know and have worked with an agency that does.
We have over 60 full-time engineers and designers working on a diversity of technical projects in a variety of industries. As projects ebb and flow, we typically have various team members coming off of projects each month. With planning and preparation, we can present you with strong candidates to interview and integrate into your team.
We also have a strong network of partner agencies that we occasionally tap into to augment our own services. These agencies are trusted partners that we have worked with in the past. We also employ our own project managers and tech leads when integrating with outside agencies. It's our reputation on the line, after all.
Finally, we recruit and train students from 11 universities to join our ranks and work alongside our leaders before joining projects of their own. This provides us with team compositions of energetic producers and seasoned leaders that deliver at a high level for world-class companies.
Well that's a loaded question. We charge Time & Materials (hourly), though often we'll build in Not to Exceed budgets for planning purposes, then work together to prioritize must-haves and nice-to-haves to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
Our prices are best thought of in the context of direct hiring. Hiring a full-time developer with mid-level experience will cost you anywhere from 150-250K/year. Seniors regularly earn 400K+ at top startups. The speed with which a developer can implement something grows exponentially with experience.
Most contract developers range from $50-150/hour, depending on their location. We've priced ourselves to cost about what a mid-level engineer costs, but deliver a senior-level team with supporting Quality Assurance, architecture, and Scrum management.
Our most recent stories
Great companies need great developers. These are a few who have chosen to augment their tech teams with SF AppWorks.
Team Augmentation to build a new product in the AGING2.0 space.
Team Augmentation to build new digital experiences in the insurance space
Team Augmentation to build a headless e-commerce platform.
STAY IN THE LOOP
Get stories and achievements from designers and developers delivered to your inbox.
Sign up below and join our community of digital makers.